Old 07-05-2011, 10:19 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Soberpotamus

County Mental Health for Addiction Support?

Ok, I'm sitting in my vehicle in the parking lot of the local mental health center. They have an outpatient addiction program with group therapy, from what I understand. And of course, individual counseling.

I'm self-employed and uninsured. That's why I'm here... Because of financial limitations. I really dread the whole process of what I'm about to maneuver through... I am college educated ( philosophy and ironically, psychology). I've been in therapy before when I did have insurance, so I know what it's like to have the benefit of a really great therapist.

I'm not thrilled to be in this position... Yet I'm trying to set aside my doubts and not be a complete snob.

What the he'll should I do??

Side note: I am going to my first face-to-face WFS (Women For Sobriety) meeting this Thursday. Should I just stick with that for now and decide on the counseling later? I don't want to sabotage myself by my own cynicism toward the county mental health system and it's limitations.

But I don't want to limit my own recovery either, no matter my own educational or intellectual background.

Thoughts and suggestions please...