View Single Post
Old 07-04-2011, 12:25 PM
  # 40 (permalink)  
lem0nade

Originally Posted by suki44883 View Post
What happens between now and then? How will you guys eat? Sometimes it can take up to three or four weeks for unemployment checks start coming in (assuming he truly did finish the paperwork). What if he didn't finish it?

Do you have family around? Could they watch the kids while you work? Could you and the kids move in with family while you look for work? Something has to give. You have children and the most important thing is their welfare.
We have enough food in the house to make it through for now, plus my parents have offered to take me grocery shopping if necessary. My parents do live locally but both work full time during the day so they can't watch the kids (unless I worked a night job but then if I had kids during the day and worked during the night, I'm not sure when I would sleep). Taking the kids and staying with them is an option and they have said we are welcome there, but it's just a matter of me deciding that that's a step I'm ready to take. Much easier said than done right now.