View Single Post
Old 07-04-2011, 11:44 AM
  # 34 (permalink)  
lem0nade

Well, I thought I should update on this. My AH had agreed to drink on one weekend day only (either Friday or Saturday) and to keep it to wine only. He kept that promise for about a week.

And then this past Thursday, he said he wanted to drink on Thursday night instead of a weekend night so he drank wine on Thursday night. And then he drank wine again on Friday. And then I caught him drinking wine at 6AM Saturday morning. And then he drank more wine Saturday night.

Today, Monday, is 4th of July and we're going to a big BBQ where there will be a variety of alcoholic beverage, including hard alcohol and beer. He told me that since it's a holiday, he plans to drink but "will keep it under control". Quack, quack, quack...

Now I need to figure out my boundaries and what I need to do next. To top this all off, I was about to head out with the kids to do a weekly grocery shopping trip for our family yesterday and he stopped me at the door and said I couldn't go to the store because our bank account is in the negative. He's unemployed, and I don't work because I stay home with our kids. He doesn't have a plan about what to do next other than "keep looking for a job". So now we just have no money. If nothing else, I guess not having any money might keep him from drinking after today since you can't buy alcohol with Monopoly money...