Old 07-04-2011, 06:01 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  
TeM

I sort of know where you're coming from. My AW stopped doing any kind of housework years ago, about the time she stopped working outside the home. Essentially, she watches TV and sleeps. I do whatever housework gets done. If I didn't our house would look like those on that show about Hoarders.

Our 18 year old daughter helps a little, but she never had much of a role model in the housework department, so her contribution is spotty. I know I could have done a better job of teaching her myself, but it's a little late, now. She at least does her own laundry, and I refuse to do AW's laundry. AW will do that when she finally runs out of clean underwear... maybe once a month.

I used to complain and raise a fuss about it, but it never helped, and it always ended in a fight. I finally came to the realization that if I wanted it done, I had to do it. Maybe that makes me wimpy, but I also found some peace in the acceptance of it. I look at AW as an unproductive houseguest, and do what I can to keep things pleasant for daughter and myself.