View Single Post
Old 07-03-2011, 10:08 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
RECF

Doing better, but lonely

So this is a bit of an update. I haven't been back here in awhile, mostly 'cause I've been so busy. I moved out a month ago. I never actually told my husband about it, it made me too nervous to think about what might happen if I told him beforehand. I also started a new job, not one I really like. The same dead-end clap-trap I've been working for the past five years.
Anyway, I'm writing because I've been thinking a lot about boundaries and not accepting when people step on them.
I actually told a male friend of mine (I only have two in this city) that I'd been feeling disrespected after hanging out with him today! (Yay!)
Let me backtrack. There'd been a concert in a park that's about a 30min walk from my house. I have a dog and she'd been inside all day. We'd made plans for something earlier that got cancelled. He said he was going to the concert instead with friends but didn't know if the concert allowed dogs. I guess that was an invitation.
It took me one hour to walk to the concert. When I got there, dogs were not allowed. He stepped outside the concert (which was open-air. There was a gate, but there'd have been no problem listening/watching the concert beyond it). We talked for two minutes, and then he went back inside to his friends and left me alone with my dog. I walked an hour home. I didn't say anything to him about it... UNTIL TODAY! (:
Now, he was a complete ******* when i told him how I'd felt about that day - he said I was 'freaking out' and that he had made huge concessions to see me (HA!), but the point is, I SAID SOMETHING!
Now I also know that I TRULY have no friends in town. So... good and bad.