Old 07-03-2011, 01:27 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Zyklon

Post Chantix for opiates and what it did for me

I have been trying to taper off, cold turkey my vicodin dependence for almost 6 months. I am prescribed the same amount that I take so I didn't feel it was a horrible problem. I just wanted to get off. I was also a smoker and tried chantix to quit smoking. Little did I know what good would come of it.

Within 3 days of taking the full dose I was able to stop taking opiates all together with little to no withdrawal. It has been 3 weeks now. With no withdrawal or problems besides the ridiculous dreams. I know there is a lot of hype about how chantix is dangerous. But if you are able, and your doctor approves. This may work for other people like it did me.

I have looked online for studies, forums, doctor posts. There are none about anyone trying it for opiates. There is a study in progress but still no results yet. The FDA has only approved the use of chantix for smoking as of now.

I am only here to tell people about how I did it. And to maybe ease some of the lighter users of hydrocodone or opiates withdrawal stress. I took a maximum of 50mg of hydrocodone per day