Old 07-02-2011, 08:30 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
PurpleWilder

Getting a Resentment about Doing It All Myself

So....this coming weekend we are going on a "family" camping trip in far northern Illinois. So guess what that means for me?

Getting the tent ready -and all the supplies - and all the food - and the driving and gas - and doing the cooking - and the cleaning - and the buying - and all the EVERYTHING. I am taking my Dutch oven and doing some fairly advanced dinner cooking because it is a Boy Scout venture and I think that the youngins' need to learn that camping means more than weiners and trail mix.

I love camping and I know ahead of time that my XAH's sole contribution to this camping trip will most likely be converting oxygen into carbon dioxide. But I am still starting to get royally p***ed off.

There is so much more to this but right now I am just getting so annoyed I can't get it into words. Which for me is unusual.

I want to make this a special trip for the kids without letting what I anticipate will be my ever-increasing level of annoyance ruin it. Detach, detach, detach.....I know. But right now I am just getting madder and madder!

Grrrr. GRRRR!