Old 07-01-2011, 10:23 AM
  # 58 (permalink)  
StarCat
Today is a New Day

Originally Posted by Thumper View Post
One definition of compassion is - a feeling of deep sympathy and sorrow for another who is stricken by misfortune, accompanied by a strong desire to alleviate the suffering.
This.
I have compassion for XABF. I sincerely do hope he finds a program that will work for him, so that he can live a happy and healthy life, because he does truly deserve that.
I also deserve a happy and full life, and I could not obtain that with him in my life. I was done because I was done, and there's no requirement to explain or justify that to the world. I did everything I knew to do, everything I thought to do, and none of it worked, unless becoming borderline suicidal myself counts as "working."

I was done.

I have my own ideas of what's unacceptable, and it doesn't matter if I'm the only person in the world who thinks that way. I cannot impose my will and desires on other people and their behaviors, but I can use my will and desires to determine who I do and don't want to spend time with. That doesn't mean I hate anyone, or dislike anyone, or don't have compassion for anyone - that just means that I want something different in my life.