Old 07-01-2011, 05:39 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
catlovermi

Originally Posted by wywriter View Post
Then again, this is the guy who rails against drunk driving and who is the first to jump in and tell alcoholic (or in danger of becoming) friends that they need to pull themselves together, be a man, and take care of their families. This is also the guy who can barely use his right arm after falling off the porch last week -- who put his head through the sheet rock -- who has had two concussions in less than a year, and numerous others in his life -- who has lost two wives due to drinking (obviously, Ms. #3 here didn't know WHY he lost them at first) -- who has bankrupted himself for drinking -- who has an outstanding fine for driving without the license he lost while drinking (and if I ever catch the cop who pulled him over, I'm definitely going to ask why he wasn't breathalyzed...he was drunk then too) -- who is currently facing massive organ failure when he doesn't stop drinking -- who frequently doesn't even stir from bed, much less make it all the way to the bathroom, to relieve himself while drinking -- yes, I could go on and on and on. Seriously, how can someone so completely fool themselves? Or do they think we're fooled?

</rant>
All I can say is that this is an eerily balanced disease... for every one of those ^, there seems to be one of these.

The disease lives off this balance.

Said with gentle support.

CLMI