View Single Post
Old 06-30-2011, 04:59 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Brand0n

Thank yall, This is not easy for me. Seeing as being an addict literally just runs in my family. My Sperm Donor he is an addict. He was an alcoholic and a meth addict for yeeaarrs.. Still is.

His sister, My Aunt.. Same thing. She has a little over 5 years clean.

And my Grandmother.. Same thing except she kinda did what I do. Traded one addiction for another. She was addicted to crystal meth for years and year and years. Now she can not start her morning off without takin two shots of whiskey. And it just keeps going.

I am not proud of any of my troubles during my usage years. Nor am I stating that I am 100% sober and addiction free. Well because for me.. Thats not possible. I am a tweaker who does not tweak any more. I am a pot head who does not smoke pot any more. And I am an alcoholic who does not drink anymore.

Its an everyday struggle but I decided to look out for others who deal with this disease and was also trying to find a place for my wife to be able to relate with others who are the spouse or family members of those who struggle with addiction. And well this is the best place that I have found.