Old 06-29-2011, 03:19 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
vujade
Chaotically Peaceful

Originally Posted by LexieCat View Post
It's hard not to worry when you really DO care whether someone is dead or alive, even if it isn't within your power to do anything about it.
Thanks Lexie. That is absolutely the case. Detaching doesn't mean we don't love someone and care about their well-being (although I'm still not certain what it IS...LOL). I really was very distraught at the thought of him literally being dead in a ditch somewhere. Visions of it kept running through my head. So to be honest, I was almost at the point of calling the police just so I would know that it was over. Not to go run to his side...but to know one way or the other. Kind of like Mike going to his wife's apartment and calling the paramedics. We don't wish horrible things on the people we love...we just want to not be a PART of them.

He was at my house when I got home last night. He wanted to talk but I told him I couldn't because I was going to my son's baseball game. At one point he got crappy with me and said "So...what's the topic now? What do you want to lay on me?" I shook my head and very calmly said "No topic. No agenda. I hope you have a good night" and patted his arm. Haven't seen or talked to him since. And I'm very good with that. I can't say I haven't had the thought of calling him but I have not and I will not. And I will sleep tonight.