View Single Post
Old 06-27-2011, 08:32 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  
gerryP

Moni it's not easy. I know what stuck feels like and I know how fear can overwhelm.

There are rational fears and irrational fears. Maybe you can write down on a piece of paper what all of your fears are and beside each one, write a possible solution. For example, awhile back you said you were tutoring during the summer because you needed to bring in more income since the school year has ended. That would be an example of an irrational fear (because you have resources). Also, financial support from your husband. (Is there a reason why you seem to think that the fin. responsibility will be bourne only by you?) You are making it work now aren't you? What do you think is going to be so different divorced? Rationally? You have never painted your husband as a help to you with your children, so being a single Mother...you are a single Mother now for all intents and purposes. Make a list and go through it methodically with fears and solutions. There is a "lid for every pot" Moni, you just have to find it. Change is always daunting, but staying stuck is worse.

I really do hope for the best Moni.