View Single Post
Old 06-27-2011, 05:06 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Alone22

Kitty I really wish my old career had a part time choice, but it doesn't. If I could have that it would make life really easy right now. It has been 11 years since I have been out of that career and a lot has changed, so much so that I feel in order to be competitive I need to take some classes before I even try to go back. I was planning on getting that done this summer so I would be ready to look for work once the kids were back in school in the fall. I feel if I wait it just puts my chances at having a good salary/career in question. Not having a part time option makes me feel as if I need to get on one side of the fence or the other on getting back to work. Whatever choice I do make I want to make sure I am making it for the right reasons... ie not because I have stuck my head in the sand and not because I am over reacting. Right now I am having trouble knowing how I really feel. What I do know for sure is that I am confused about it all. It seemed so clear a few weeks back when RAH was only an AH irritating me with all his self centered crap. I usually feel knowledge is powerful but right now having more knowledge about how serious alcoholism is (his alcoholism) and where it can progress to has me at this point on the fence. I honestly thought my AH problem with alcohol wasn't so bad that it couldn't be "fixed". We have been dealing with this for a long time now and I just figured one day it would magically get all better. That he was smart enough and loved me enough that it would all just go away...HA... ignorant me.

Beyourself... thank you so much for sharing your opinion with me. I needed to hear that. I know there are a lot of two income families out there and they get it done. We used to one ( I stopped working after baby #2). For us it was very stressful with just one kid and trying to manage it all. With three... yikes.