View Single Post
Old 06-27-2011, 04:35 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
kittykitty

My crystal ball is in the shop, or i'd lend it to you

You're in a very tough spot. Trying to decide what is best by basing it on what has happened in the past, as well as what might happen in the future. I can't help but think there maybe a way to kill two birds with one stone here. Cover your butt and still be a part of the family at home...Maybe part time work? I don't know all the details, or what your profession is.

Going back to work doesn't necessarily have to mean abandoning your family, and staying at home for a bit longer doesn't have to mean putting all your faith in your newly recovering husband. Is this a decision that needs to be made immediately? Have you talked to your HP about it?

I do know this though... don't second guess yourself and your feelings about how bad things were when he was in active addiction. Go back and read journals, old threads and posts, whatever. I know I had big problems with that, when the process of moving on and taking care of myself starts to get daunting, I reflect back and think, "was it really that bad?". And i'm pretty sure you'll come back with, "yes, it was".

Comparing my journey to others was not fair to myself or, them quite frankly. Everyone has different levels of patience and tolerance, and different definitions of marriage, partnership, trust, commitment, acceptable, and unacceptable. What's good for the goose isn't always good for the gander.

One day at a time, you're not alone, Alone ... haha that was funny