View Single Post
Old 06-27-2011, 08:29 AM
  # 27 (permalink)  
Tuffgirl

He's just acting like an alcoholic - its what they do - project their anger and self-loathing outward. Try not to take it so seriously and personally. Letting him take over your feelings and thoughts is giving up your power, and no one can make us feel bad, sad, defeated, inferior without our consent. Take your power back. Remove him from your head.

Detachment is really a wonderful tactic to take in situations like this. I struggled with the concept for a long time...it felt unnatural at first. So I read a lot of books on the topic (google or check amazon for the topic...lots of good books out there) and found some little mind games to play with myself to help me detach. There are stickies all over my house and office with phrases to help me stay focused on detachment.

I also made a very firm decision that I would no longer let someone else's choices effect my moods. I get to choose how I feel and respond to situations, not someone else making that choice for me. I wrote myself a letter and read it about once a week...another mind game to remember my place and my power.

By owning my power - accepting what I can't change (anyone else) and putting my energy toward what I can change (me), I have been sleeping much better these days.

Prayers for peace to you today.
~T