Thread: Ripple Effects
View Single Post
Old 06-26-2011, 09:40 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
duqld1717

Ripple Effects

Why is it when I decide to cut someone/many people out of my life because THEY are treating ME badly....they harass me whenever they see me? I've recently removed myself from a fairly large group of people that I use to associate with. Most of these people knew my XABF as well, we were all mutual friends...girls and guys. The relationships were just all really unhealthy and I just grew up and changed and didn't want to be apart of that group anymore.

I find myself avoiding certain places now where I know these people will be, but sometimes I still want to go out and do things and I eventually run into someone. But they can never leave well enough alone...I know this seems like a petty problem compared to the problems that the rest of you are going through, but I seriously cannot believe the ripple effects of breaking up with an Alcoholic....people are still mad at me and they are mad I left the group! And they verbalize it whenever they see me....why do I always feel like I have to back down to them (maybe bc its 50 against 1) and leave if I see them or if I don't they make it so uncomfortable for me if I stay??? I have been staying strong and detaching from their negativity but it really gets hard at times bc I'm young and I still want to have somewhat of a social life. It almost feels like a witchhunt sometimes. Is this my life now....Do any of you feel like the ripple effects from your A never seem to end??

Thanks I needed to vent!