View Single Post
Old 06-25-2011, 11:29 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
wywriter

((((hugs)))) My husband has similar quacks all the time -- most of the time it's, "I don't know why any man would want you, you really misrepresented yourself before we got married." Followed by, "I didn't want a baby, you did. I'm too old for more kids, I do everything for her, I hope you're happy, you're a horrible mother..." so on and so forth. Knowing it's not true doesn't really take away the hurt.

Keep focusing on your own recovery, and regardless of what happens to him you will get better with time. I've been struggling with the sleep issues m'self, and nights are always the hardest because I just want to talk to him or feel him snuggled up next to me. Nights he's not drinking, if I toss and turn and can't sleep he'll put his arm around me and pull me close, and then I wake up in the morning nestled against him. Right now, by noon tomorrow he'll have been unresponsive (except to wake up and drink more) for three days straight. I miss him more than anything as I type this from my son's room (who is with his bio-dad right now), but I know that at least I am slowly getting healthier...I don't always feel like I can make it through this, but eventually even this will pass.