View Single Post
Old 06-25-2011, 09:36 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
DestinyM

Silence - Need ES&H

So my RAH made 90 days yesterday, which is great but for the last 2 weeks he's been really silent. We still eat dinner together & we say our prayers 2gether but its like just necessary speaking that I'm getting. He used to call me during the day now nothing, I end up calling him & its like yes/no responses.

I'm trying not to obsess about it and pray about it. I acknowledge that it makes me nervous because most of our explosive incidents including his relapse in Feb we're precipitated by weeks of silence.

I don't know if its the psych meds he's on or that he's cut back on meetings due to his health issues (he had 2 minor surgeries these past 2 weeks) or that he's working on his 4th step & it has his mind in a trip. His sponsor told me it can be difficult the first time.

I know not to push too much in early recovery. I learned that the hard way last time. I had to admit I was a bit of a provoker in his relapse, but I didn't have Al Anon then. I'm 4months in recovery myself & have only been able to do 1 or 2 F2F meetings a week lately. I've been working 6 days a week & I'm pretty tired most evenings. I know not to try to engage in discussion at that time due to H.A.L.T - hungry, angry, lonely, tired but its hard to feel like I'm losing some degree of intimacy with him. He was always drinking or not a very talkative person except when depressed or angry so please understand my concern.

Like I said I'm still new to recovery and any ESH on dealing with a spouse/BF/GF in early recovery would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks