Thread: 10 Weeks...
View Single Post
Old 11-05-2001, 07:18 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
free2be_me927

Hi JR,
I've been sober since Sept.29th. Been going to AA the past 12 days(10 meetings).I go alone, & I have to force myself. Been to them before, but never long enough to get the feeling of "belonging".I'm going to keep forcing myself until it comes natural to me-I can't afford NOT to. I'm depressed, & dealing with a lot of anger & hurt. I've been having panic attacks, so I haven't done ALOT of talking at the meetings-I mostly listen, which is ok.When I DO talk, I end up crying usually, which I don't like to do, but I guess it's ok too. People are SO FRIENDLY(most!). All you have to do is walk in, get a cup of coffee(if you like) & most likely someone will have already approached you. If not, just have a seat or look at the literature. You're NOT alone! It's up to YOU if you want to talk or just listen. They give out white chips if it's your 1st meeting or if your coming back from a relapse. They'll ask if anyone's there for the first time. If you go & don't like it, don't give up-you might enjoy the next meeting! I get something out of every one. I wish you the best! Take care! Linda