Thread: Rockrz
View Single Post
Old 06-23-2011, 03:48 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  
NoelleR

Cool

Hey Rockrz ---

I was wanting to address some of the statements you've made here on this thead.....:

"...I heard the AA teaches that you can never be free..."
"...I thought AA taught it was not possible to recover...that people are always a "recovering" alcoholic..."
In response to a statement Boleo made...: "..."Recovering" is a term that crept into AA from treatment centers. It has no foundation in AA literature..."
You replied.........: "...So their literature doesn't not mention recovery? What is the official purpose for AA is recovery is not in their vocabulary?..."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

It would appear that you have been given a lot of misinformation. Rather than address these point by point, I think I'll just make a suggestion (AA, and AAer's just loves suggestions.....lol). It's good that you're asking questions.....but instead of just asking for folks opinions of what AA is, or what AA believes/teaches, or what AA's literature says........why don't you just buy a copy of AA's Big Book and decide for yourself....? It's simply titled 'Aocoholics Anonymous' and can be purchased for as little as $2.50---the first 164 pages, anyway (that's the heart of AA, and it's program; the rest of the book is personal stories)....or you can read it online.....:

Big Book On Line

Just for the fun of it, I'll add my opinions to the mix....Well, actually they're not my opinions; they're my experiences and observations.....Most of my f2f friends who're in recovery are 'recovered' just like the BB says (and btw, most of those folks are atheists--therefore no JC or HS involved; no delivery/delivered, just recovery/recovered). They're happy, joyous, and free (again, just like the BB says).

Enough about moi......here's happy reading to you...............

(o:
NoelleR