SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information - View Single Post - Lunch time + bars near work = drinking everyday at lunch
View Single Post
Old 06-22-2011, 04:51 PM   #5 (permalink)
tomdecel
Sept 30, 2010

If you stopped drinking for a year, you know what it takes.

I had the luxury of being self employed, producing technical drawings in my one man office. Some people would have a glass of wine for lunch. I would have a bottle or two. Most often it was the hard stuff too. But I knew that people always knew.

I was able to work loaded, but it used to take so much more energy to hide my slurring speech, constant excuses and delays, and plain old not remembering on Wednesday what I had promised on Tuesday, that stopping was my only solution.

If you stopped before, analyze what it took for you to do it and keep trying. You know it can be done.
"Success is not an accident. It is a deliberate, systematic process of deciding where you want to go and what it will look like when you get there, and then taking the steps, day by day, to turn those dreams into realities." Brian Tracy
tomdecel is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to tomdecel For This Useful Post:
artsoul (06-22-2011), CeeFarro (06-22-2011), Dee74 (06-22-2011), LaFemme (06-22-2011)