Old 06-22-2011, 07:44 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
wanttobehealthy

That sounds awful and if I am going to play pop psychologist for a minute, I would imagine some of your hesitancy about going fwd with a formal complaint might be bc you are worried about whether she will get worse? Those of us who have lived/are living with A's learn to never know what to expect, to be targeted randomly for no apparent reason and over time start to question our perceptions or even when we know the behavior is unacceptable, continue to come up with reasons to not address it as we know we should.

I am not saying this is where any of us are right now or where you are in your home or work like but the correlation popped into my head.

I wonder how many of us have been the targets of bullying types? I tend to think that being co-dependent and overly concerned with not making others be upset with me has often had the effect of making me easy prey for nasty people. Bullies pick on those they perceive (whether accurate or not) as weak.

You definitely are not weak and have stood up to this obnoxious sounding woman (who I can't believe still has a job actually) and I say barrel through the discomfort and file what needs to be filed in order for her to have her behaviors addressed by HR.

You deserve a hostility free work environment. And unlike life with an A where we have to change/leave to create peace in our homes, you are not the one who needs to leave your job or office space in this situation. She does.

So sorry you're dealing with someone so nasty. And you're right to say you could care less whether or how much she drinks. Bad behavior is bad behavior.