Old 06-22-2011, 04:48 AM
  # 91 (permalink)  
SoloMio

Lunakim, best wishes!

I know you probably were reluctant to tell us you did in fact get married after the barrage of red flag and caution tape, so let's talk about the positive.

I am assuming your H is a wonderful guy in many ways, so I do wish you many, many fun and happy times together. Water the seeds (as Thich Nhat Hanh would say) of all the many good times you are bound to have, as well as the seeds of love and compassion for each other.

Make sure you are watering the seeds of your own self-worth, too! You may need to be extra vigilant of protecting yourself against the behavior connected to his binges. This may mean not going out to bars with him if you know he's going to go overboard. Don't be fooled into thinking "this time will be different." Know who you married and act accordingly.

Don't let him get away with acting irresponsibly. Stick to your guns if he starts acting like a child.

Keep your emotional and physical abuse antenna way up high and if those feelers start tingling, run.

I guess, in short, don't put up with any sh*t. I mean it. None. Not one bit. Make it your mantra. If I could relive the last 34 years after living with my AH. that's the one overriding thing I'd change about my own behavior.

Be good to yourself, stick around, and I do wish you a very happy marriage!