View Single Post
Old 06-21-2011, 05:52 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
DesertEyes

Hey there Lexie

Originally Posted by LexieCat View Post
.... that older kiddo (the one I was so stressed out about losing his job last week), has officially been hired by.....
woooo hooo that's wonderful news, and a big relief I'm sure.

....he has a tough time sometimes with work environments .....
hmmm... perhaps, but it sounds to me like he's got a Mom that _believes_ in him, and that is the best confidence booster in the world

....it's part of what makes the prospect of retiring from my present job kinda unsettling. Hard to imagine anything else that would "fit" as well. Never know, though. Maybe I'll love the hell out of my new life.
I've changed careers... lesee.... four times. Every new career was a "perfect fit" and loads of fun in a whole different way. I have a nasty chronic disease so my physical abilities are quickly fading, so I've given up the constant traveling and physical jobs and now I have a lovely career sitting in an air conditioned office. For me it's not so much what I do but who I'm doing it with.

I can't wait 'till I can collect social security and go live on the beach in some Central American country. I've started learning spanish by having dinner at a local eatery every weekend

I think you'll love whatever new life you make for yourself cuz your posts here are so positive and filled with life and optimism. You might even get so good at it you'll start making money at it and next thing you know you have a new career

Mike