View Single Post
Old 06-20-2011, 11:04 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  
theuncertainty

I LOVE that feeling. The 'I fixed it! Hu ahh!' Mine have been kind of small (okay, really small), but after being told I'm dangerous with a tool set. ppppppttttthhhh!

I installed toddler-proof electrical outlets (the kind that you have to slide to plug something in) on a lot of the outlets in our old apartment, tot-locks on the lower cupboards (which, ironically enough, XAH hated, because it put two more steps between him and his hidden stash: find the 'key' then find where the lock was), fixed a clogged disposal and pipes (potatos should not be peeled into a disposal), removed old and re-sealed around the tub enclosure.

Recently, I removed the hard drive from my poor old iBook, installed it in an external HDD case and was able to retrieve the info needed - all without breaking any of the pieces that needed to be removed to get to the drive (almost everything). I could probably put it all back together, too, if there was any point to that.

When DS and I finally get our own place, we'll be building our own 'club' house and installing a zip line (if there are big enough trees). Heck, after the iBook data, I'm feeling like I could at least rough-in the 500 square foot house that I keep doodling, with a bit of direction from Dad. It's the desire for functioning and safe, plumbing, heat, and electrical that gives me pause.

Lexie, and all DYI Project Crews.