Old 06-20-2011, 02:06 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Thumper

Originally Posted by Tuffgirl View Post
How do I remove myself from this power struggle as cleanly and painlessly as possible? Thoughts? Suggestions?
I believe that there were a few things that happened for me to get to this point.

1) Complete acceptance of who my husband was and of the reality of our relationship. Not the relationship I signed up for, wanted and wished for - but the one I actually had.

2) Detachment. Letting go. Letting go of wishing he was some how different. Letting go of thinking I could some how do the one magically thing that would make him different.

3) Saving myself. Giving myself permission to do what was right for me. Clearing my thinking.

Once I could do that, I could detach from the power struggle. His accusations, blame, guilt tripping, and manipulations no longer mattered. That was a process. I could leave him to his own reality without having to defend mine. I separated.

Originally Posted by Tuffgirl View Post
I want to move forward into the next exciting adventure in my life.
You can make that happen. You are the only one that can make that happen That power is right there inside you, waiting for you to be ready. It will always be there.