View Single Post
Old 06-19-2011, 07:53 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
LexieCat
A work in progress

Originally Posted by LaPinturaBella View Post
I actually think in case like this it's good to be a codie! Because we end up becoming competent in home repair, save money, and it builds the self-esteem by figuring out and accomplishing something. Watch out though...if you're anything like me you'll soon be acquiring a whole lot of really cool tools!!!
Oh, believe me, I have some COOL TOOLS. I got to use my Dremel to cut the copper tubing. Actually, when my foundation problem started, I was about to fix up one section of my basement as a workshop. I bought a circular saw and was planning to have one of my guy friends show me how to work it. Then the cracks started in the basement, and I had to postpone everything down there until that gets resolved (it's been two years and it will be at LEAST one more--probably quite a bit longer--before I can get it fixed, as that will involve suing my HOA, owners of the evil retaining wall that is collapsing and taking my house with it). I am happy to say that I had, in my possession and ready when I needed them today, several types of wrenches and pliers, as well as a butane torch and teflon tape. But love that Dremel!!