View Single Post
Old 06-19-2011, 03:38 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Fandy

in short, your daughter is walking all over you and your husband. She has zero respect for any rules and will not do as you have ASKED. Now instead of letting her sleep until 3PM and make her something to eat, you've got to play hardball.

it's called Tough Love....she is working as you stated, but WHO pays the bills? you are paying for the internet service, phone, clothes,food etc....

I would start by asking her friend's parents why the girls were drinking beer at their home? I would start by grounding her for 2 weeks and taking away the car, phone and internet service. I would expect that all of her drunken party-pics. be removed from facebook...and if she did not do that, I would refuse to allow her to attend college the first semester. .....but that is just me....I am the mother of a former wild teenage girl who is now a 30 year old woman with an adult brain....(well sometimes).

as i said, I believe that her behavior is going to continue to be promiscuous and her drinking is going to escalate....you can still be sitting here in 6 months saying the same thing or you and her father can take action to get her the help she needs, she is not going to "grow out of this"....it's a phase, but not a healthy one.

i'm hoping that you can take a step back and look at the facts that are there.