View Single Post
Old 06-18-2011, 07:23 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
laurie6781
Belgian Sheepdog Adictee

No Kevin it is NOT being co-dependent when a neighbor continues to disrupt your peace, serenity and sleep.

If the landlord will not do anything about it, then it is time for your own well being to start looking for another place to live.

Heck I am 66 with some health issues, and I own my own little plot, HOWEVER, I have a neighbor that lives katty-corner behind me, that anytime he is working in the back yard on one of his vehicles he has the music up so loud that you can hear the BOOM BOOM BOOM 3 blocks away. Oh and every Saturday night they have a party.

Well thankfully we do have a 'noise ordinance' in the county, and I have been told by both the city police and county sheriff's that I do not have to wait until after 11pm to call. If it is disturbing me (especially if I am trying to nap as I do not sleep well anyway) that I should feel free to call, because if I can hear it inside my home than they are above the decibel level of the ordinance.

Slowly after several $200.00 tickets they seem to be getting the idea.

Now yes, there is alcohol involved some of the time, but that is not the problem, it is the NOISE.

I believe it is the NOISE at all hours of the day and night for you also Kevin. You have the right to complain to the landlord, you are a paying tenant.

I am sorry that this has started again, but hopefully you can find a solution.

Sending good thoughts and prayers across the ocean.

Love and hugs,