Old 06-18-2011, 03:57 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  
yeahgr8

Originally Posted by Zencat View Post
I'm a atheist. I do not care if God exist. Weird huh? No not from my perspective. I have no interest, no citing need about the Easter's bunny mythical existence, fanatical weirdness about my non-belief...nope, none of that funky stuff.

I as an atheist and I personally do not care, or have any need to believe a God is anything useful, necessary and helpful for me. Also I have no desire, inclination, want or need to dissuade anybody that God dose or not exist. If you believe in God...cool by be. I just don't give a big G*****m one way or the other.

Maybe you lack an encounter of a better quality of atheist...well I am here to help
Cool and i wasn't singling you out Zen:-)

From what you have written, you are an agnostic though, you aren't an athiest...

The whole definition of agnostic is someone who literally doesn't believe of disbelieve in God, doesn't care either way...thinks it's all a bit silly...

The definition of an athiest is someone who absolutely does not believe in God, and definitely someone who cares about that belief, i.e. the belief of believing there is a not a God is a powerful one it is not the same as the agnostic who does not care either way...all athiests i have ever met have had a reason for not believing in God, agnostics don't have reasons the whole debate is as stupid to them as if care bears really exist.

It's really important to distinguish between the two because if both of them need to be addressed in different ways, e.g. you can talk about God to the agnostic until the cows come home and they won't mind, the athiest will withdraw and become offended...