Old 06-17-2011, 08:51 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
EmeraldRose

This can be tricky...some would swear that ((YES)) there is a God and life can't exsist without him. Others say, ((NO))...don't be silly, I don't believe in God and I'm still alive.
Then...there are others like myself that have pure faith in a higher power 'within my own soul'. Even though I don't 'pray', so to speak, I do know that there is something mystifying about the universe. It intrigues me. It is an awesome feeling to have faith in life. Life is series of sequences that in due time will evolve in their own measure.
My higher power is within me, my subconscious, my gut. You know when something doesn't feel right. You know when your life feels out of balance. My faith helps me to remain confident and positive that things WILL work out.
I digress, AA is not a religious based group. HOWEVER, most do close the meeting with the Lords Prayer which I do out of respect for my friends and 'their' beliefs. The respect goes both ways. But that doesn't mean you have to sit in your chair chanting and reciting the bible. The power they refer to is how you understand it.
Don't NOT go because of the controversy over beliefs...you get out of AA what you put into it.
Welcome.