Thread: I'm here.
View Single Post
Old 06-17-2011, 02:42 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  
bexxed

Thanks, all. It's weird how I can be tempted one minute and not another. I've spent a loooong time knowing in my gut that I CAN'T do this anymore... that a bottle of wine WILL mean the whole bottle, and likely a midnight trip to Walgreens for another one. (My standards go down as the BALs go up...) And I've accepted that, I just conveniently "forget" it, and then, after the first time... oh well. I guess on the rare occasions that I "control" it- I'm doing just that- "controlling it". Don't drink that too fast. Stop LOOKING at it. Don't look at other people's drinks. Relax, will you? What fun.

It's Friday, and I'm going to dinner at the home of some friends who are, as far as I can tell, "normal" drinkers. They often have soda with dinner, which has secretly annoyed me in the past. After that.... I thought I'd hit up the local coffee shop. I don't want to isolate so much. There's a strong sense that this will work.... I'm feeling it today. I do a lot of lurking on this site. It's helpful.