Thread: Favor?
View Single Post
Old 06-15-2011, 06:19 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
m1k3

putmeontheair, I read his email and since I don't know him it was easy to read without the emotional attachment. One part really jumped out at me:

You rebutted with the fact that I wasted*your time. I do not disagree. I was nowhere near the model boyfriend/fiance/husband, put mildly, but I'm not wasting any time now. I'm getting/got my **** together. You once spoke of regret that you forced me into rehab whereas you should have left and returned if/when I "got my **** together." Where here it is as requested, but still you leave.
He has his **** together? I really don't think so. That doesn't sound like someone in recovery to me. From my experience my recovery is the most important thing in the world to me and I will move mountains to maintain the gains I have made and keep moving forward, yet he has already achieved it.

Recovery isn't a destination, it is a way of life.

Also based on my experience, I feel so much better and centered since I have moved out, even though its only been a month. I actually catch myself being happy for no reason at all.

Take what you want and leave the rest.