Thread: Favor?
View Single Post
Old 06-15-2011, 04:43 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
GettingBy

I wanted to add....

I think you want to stay, you want to give him a chance. He could really change (hell, we have ALL thought that!), and the "new" him could be so perfect and you would all be so happy.

He is an alcoholic though, and so if you stay... you stay accepting that relapses are part of the deal. You'll both need recovery (him AA, and you Al-anon) to really give the marriage a fighting chance.

And at this point, neither of you have enough recovery to be making decisions about a marriage. Two broken parts do not make a healthy whole. He wants an answer about your marriage... and in my humble opinion, that's like putting the cart before the horse.

First things first... whatever that first thing is - is for you to decide.

P.S and to actually answer your question... Hell yeah, your confusion makes sense! There isn't a single person here who hasn't been in the middle of that spin out! It sucks. it's scary, and confusing... and you want so badly to have someone just give you the right answer. But there is no RIGHT answer. So sometimes, the only best answer is to sit with it for a bit and let more be revealed.