Thread: Favor?
View Single Post
Old 06-15-2011, 04:30 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
GettingBy

Putme...

I think you need to close your ears, get your two feet back on the ground and make your decisions from a place of facts. Not feelings - not yours, not your MILs, not your RAHs.

You had made a decision to move out and get your own place based on facts that you knew at the time. Has more been revealed? Is there something new you know that could lead you to a different choice now?

I don't know. And I can't give you the answer. None of us can.

What I will say is that you can always change your mind. Nothing is forever (well, except death)... so you could still move out, and decide later after sustain recovery from him to move back in. Or you could decide to not move out and wait to see the sustained recovery, and if it doesn't show... then you could decide to move out later.

Either way, the decision you make today has got to be based on reality - not what you hope it will or won't make him do. He's going to do what he's going to do... and so are you.

There are NO guarantees in life. No guarantees your marriage is going to last forever. No guarantees he's going to get and stay sober. No guarantees that you'll recover from co-dependency and stay that way. All we have is right here, right now. Deal with that, and let the chips fall where they may.