View Single Post
Old 06-14-2011, 05:10 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  
GettingBy

Tuffgirl -

Thanks for this post. I'm just getting on-line today and this is just about perfect for where I am today (thanks HP!!). I too struggle with accepting that not everyone does things my way (oh, the world would be perfect if they did, right!?!??!).

And so I work hard on having patience giving people time to do things their way... but what I am up against is... where's the line? When is enough... enough?

My AH has said the same thing... "I want to work on my drinking. I want to work on our marriage." And for the first time in a very long time... I'm sitting back and shutting up, and watching - for actions. The drinking - I see something changing... will it be sustained and real?!?! Who freakin' knows. As for our marriage... he wanted marriage counseling... he has made the appointment yet... and I'm sure as hell not going to make it!

I think if somebody wants something bad enough... they will eventually spring into action, on their schedule, not mine. So the question for me is... how long do I wait and be patient?