View Single Post
Old 06-14-2011, 04:36 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  
Tuffgirl

lillamy, thanks...I was wondering if it is a personality and I am just now really noticing around me the differences in people. I know impatience is a defect in this respect, and I also know my codie side tends to give chance after chance after chance and every time I get burned I walk away feeling disappointed. In the past, I have tended to call people out on their behavior...I even had a confrontation with the colleague I've mentioned here. I have learned that is not the answer - nothing good comes out of those because this "personality" tends to be highly defensive and I just end up blamed. My colleague shouted at me that I wasn't "telling her what to do". My response, "you were hired to know what to do". She looked completely lost at that one. And I catch myself feeling bad because I know she is hurting over this...I can see it in her face and I am picking it up coming at me sideways. But she did this - it's a lot like the alcoholic blaming us for their drinking! Infuriating!

I guess it boils down to some personalities don't mesh well. And it is up to me to decide how many "chances" I want to give before I say (in my head) "enough!" and side step the person. Interestingly enough - there seems to be a lot of these personalities in my life right now. How did that happen??!!!