Thread: Day 9
View Single Post
Old 06-14-2011, 01:02 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  
Pigtails

Originally Posted by susanlauren View Post
Pigtails, One thing at a time. One day at a time. You do not have to solve all your life and life challenges in a single day. If you don't have an answer this very moment, then live with the question. Just do what is in front of you to do for today. I know for me that a "bad day" can color how I think and feel. Actually, you probably did not have a bad day the entire day. You probably had a good day with "bad moments". Today is a brand new day. It is a blank page to write upon anything you wish. Susan
Thank you.

I am having big ups and downs. Sometimes things feel great and other times they feel hopeless. I don't get it. I do know that drinking won't make anything better and will in fact make things worse. That is the biggest thing I've learned so far.

The lady I had lunch with was so nice. Like the colleague I talked to yesterday, she kept basically saying the world is my oyster. She said I have so many options and I'm wise to be exploring them all and asking questions before I just quit my current job and start out on my own (like she is out on her own)... but that if I do want to go out on my own I will do great. She said that with the money I've saved up and my business plan I will do fine either here or back home. Yeah I don't know anyone in my industry back home but she said I have a "warm personality" which is probably why I've never had a problem getting hired in the past, and that I can network with others there in my field and find people to refer me clients and help me if I get stuck on something etc. And that if I want to go out on my own here to let her know and she will give me referrals and help me, and I can work with a guy she's giving her cases to while she's on maternity leave.

I just feel like, wow. Everyone thinks I'm this amazing person and I've got it all together. Well sometimes... like right after the meeting ha ha... I feel like I am, and other times I feel like, my life stinks, it's all pointless. I don't know why that happens. Why can't I see myself like everyone else does? I know I have a lot going for me if I just apply myself. But then I don't. I'm so weird.