Old 06-14-2011, 12:47 PM
  # 63 (permalink)  
Shellcrusher

Originally Posted by Lunakim View Post
Again thank you to all that have taken the time to help and provide words of encouragement. I was at a low the day i posted and i am not making excuses for any behavior from the AH (or soon to be). I just wanted to clarify things....
He does not drink every day or even every week, but when he does he cannot stop. Yes i know it is an issue and there are red flags up everywhere. But I have somethings under control and handle the situation. I also like to have a few drinks,but i know my limits. Again i am not saying he is right for drinking.
I was just looking for some guidance and maybe a few people to connect with that are in the same boat. Things are not as bad as the sound, he does not beat me or ever get physical with me. We both say harsh things to eachother out of anger but appoligize the next day or whenever.
Again I am sorry for anyone that lives with a raging alcholoic or has been effected by one. My heart goes out to each of you. I plan to attend Al-Non to meet locals that are in the same boat as me and to get an insight on how to handle things when they do get our of control.

Hello and welcome to SR.
3 pages...I'd write my story, which is exactly like yours, or at least it was 3 years ago.

I know, that in the end, you have to make whatever decision is best for you. I'm happy to hear that you're going to Al-Anon. Then again, I'm sorry that you have to go to Al-Anon. There is much to learn.

Yes, I'm part of the "run your ass in a different direction crowd". That said, my AW is actively working a program and making steps. I'm living day by day and doing the next best thing for me and my son.

Side note: When she was active, she didn't drink every day. She would binge. She never beat me but she said the meanest things and she'd say sorry the next day or whenever if ever. There's other details but it's not worth mentioning. My point is that I would never wish my circumstances on anybody. Least of all, my son...

So yeah, we're all in the same boat. Some of us are still rowing. Some of us refuse to row. Some of us got out of the damn boat. Some of us are sinking. Some of us have sunk. Some of us have no clue what's going on and some of us are up **** crew without a paddle.

Keep on reading, keep on posting. It helps.