Thread: Day 9
View Single Post
Old 06-13-2011, 07:27 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Zencat
Your attitude, not your aptitude, will determine your altitude

Originally Posted by Pigtails
I just want to be happy with my own life in the here and now while exploring my options and then eventually put a plan into place and execute it. It feels overwhelming to do be doing this and not drinking, which I'm so used to... but then again perhaps I can never have the life I want (whatever that is...) if I don't address the drinking issue.
That's not usual in the real word...or at least as I have experienced it. Everything is not either or OR. Its a blend of what is real (for me) and what I want to be real.

Its not uncommon from my involvement with active drinkers to see that at some level drinking still serves a function for them. I don't usually associated with the all or nothing bunch. I have in the past...but those that I have known are willing to drink themselves to death...and despite my best efforts to help them...they do...or they clean up on their own.

I personally think its way cool that your looking into some of the possibilities that you may not have considered until you joined SR... at the...I feel the elevated level you have put into this sight...your recovery journey if you will