Old 06-13-2011, 09:56 AM
  # 48 (permalink)  
catlovermi

I keep thinking about how, at this eleventh hour plus, there is NO WAY TO SAVE FACE in cancelling a wedding.

The money is spent, on the deposits for the facilities, foods, services. The wedding cake is probably already baked.

Worse than that, the money is spent for meaningful people in your life, who may have bought non-refundable tickets to travel, new outfits, wedding gifts, hotel reservations.

People, and I mean EVERYONE, are going to think not flattering things, to have their plans derailed and their money spent, their days off wasted, if this doesn't "go through."

It will forever change how some of them think of you, fallout that could never be repaired, or take years at least.

The level of shame and embarrassment you would feel in doing this to all those people, many of whom are on your fiancees side and you barely even know, is astronomical.

The amount of courage needed to stop this moving freight train is on the level of pee trickling down your leg...

I get it, I really, really do.

I would say unequivocally, though, that all those things above will PALE in comparison to the suffering coming. Those things will shrink and become nearly invisible in scale on retrospection, when you get into what's coming.

There's a reason - a valid reason - why you are getting such a strong response to your question...

We remember. And we all thought maybe we were making too big of a deal of that niggling doubt.

CLMI