Thread: Heavy heart
View Single Post
Old 06-13-2011, 05:23 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  
sojourner

Until it happens, we give lip service to the reality that dying is one of the outcomes of drug/alcohol use/addiction. But then when it really happens to us, we are changed forever. Because of my father's suicide due to alcoholism, I approach my son's addiction with much more intensity. There is no time to lose fooling around what to me seems like silliness when it comes to standing up to this neurologic condition called addiction.

(((SS))) I will not forget you. I cannot forget you. I cannot forget Travis' story - the successes and the mistakes that I know of through your writings. And it does not go unnoticed by me that Travis is your only child. From my own experience with the loss of my father to this disease, I had to go somewhere else for ESH besides Alanon and so I expected that you would gravitate to other places for help in this part of your journey. But you and Travis are not forgotten - not by me.

My AS is still spiraling downward. As someone earlier said, I do sometimes feel like I am watching him slowly die. But I refuse to "go there" and instead take it One Day at a Time and refuse to obsess over something that has not happened. He has gone no-contact with me, but I will e-mail him to tell him that I love him and miss him. I assume he gets the e-mails because I do not get a notification that the delivery failed.

Again, BIG ((((( ))))).

Sue