View Single Post
Old 06-12-2011, 01:06 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
SwanSong

Originally Posted by littlegirllost7 View Post
I am just wondering about the 'bottoms' everyone talks about. I have had many many situations that should have been bottoms and felt like bottoms at the time. Then, I continue eventually. This is terrifying. Is it possible to just realize that this is enough without some HUGE moment?
In one word? Yes.

As the others have eluded to from their personal experience we all see the 'hitting bottom' experience differently - or rather experience it differently.

As Dee said, it be as simple as deciding the time is now. For others such as myself my last bottom that got me sober this time was far, far, far from my worse ever situation. BUT it was an experience that occurred during a time when I was truly ready to get sober and finally acknowledge the idea that I can maybe go back one day was a deadly illusion - I finally knew in my heart of hearts the war was over and I had lost.

So I surrendered and I went over to the winning side.

For those of us dying in the quagmire of addictions, every so often we have opportunities arise, whether they are from internal revelations, external situations, or a combination of both when a 'window' to sobriety opens up. It's up to us to decide if we are ready to jump through it and traverse to the other side, the side of believing in living life sober. It's an amazing adventure, I wish you the best.