Thread: Feeling judged
View Single Post
Old 06-11-2011, 10:44 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Alone22

I know I really should not care what others think or feel about me, but I do. My post was not directed at everyone who is further down the recovery path than I but just a few, who lately seem kind of IMHO to be forgetting what it feels like be new, scared and lost. I am my own worst critic so when I feel others are chiming in on this it can really push me over the edge a bit. I am VERY grateful to have found both Alanon and SR and thankful for those that are further down the path to share their experience. I try not to compare myself with others but simply take the wisdom on here that works for me and apply it to my world. There was just a few recent posts that hit me the wrong way. Maybe I am being too sensitive or maybe their choice of words was not sensitive enough. What I do know is that I felt pretty crappy after reading them. I wish I could point them out so this would make more sense, but I would never want to make someone else feel crappy too. I am fine with blunt and to the point. I love when others have the ability to tell me how to rethink things in a way that will improve my recovery. I am fine with someone pointing out how my logic is wrong or needs a little tweaking and giving me their POV. That is why I am here. BUT the threads/posts I am referring to seem more like an eye roll than a helpful reply.

Thank you for you support this morning.... I really needed it.