View Single Post
Old 06-11-2011, 10:37 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  
CheekyAngel

I drink to medicate the anxiety. If i take xanax im medicating the anxiety, but isnt that what there supposed to do?!

Im 21, iv suffered from anxiety disorders the past 7 years. My anxiety is psychological. Its not anxiety from drink. Drink i know doesnt help the anxiety. I know giving up drinking isnt going to make the anxiety go away, it may help (and thats why i want to help myself) reduce it, but it will never go away. Ive spent the last 7 years of my life in different theripies trying to ease the anxiety, the only thing that does this for me is drink, drugs and benzos. I know they are pretty $hit ways of managing and thats why im giving up drugs, becoming concious of the alcohol abuse, its effect on my anxiety and asking these questions

Also one thing, whats so bad about xanax if it helps me have a life? I dont take it everyday, and i never ever will. I have gone thru my prescription pill binges in the past and im never going back there. Im perscribed them from my doctor. I tell him all that i use it for. He sees no problem with how i take them, one when needed and thats it.

I have come to a conclusion that if i dont want to drink, i wont go out....

But then i have a new problem. If i dont go out for a bit, it will be 10times harder for me to go out. Thats anxiety disorders, its what it does to ya.