Thread: Feeling judged
View Single Post
Old 06-11-2011, 08:53 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Alone22

Feeling judged

I am trying to shake this feeling of being judged by those here on SR that are much farther along in the recovery process. I know no one is walking in my shoes, but I feel they are looking at me, judging me if you will, on my lack of understanding. Yes the codie in me is alive and well this morning or else I would be able to put this into better perspective. Not quite fitting in , wanting approval by others, not wanting to rock the boat etc is at the front of my thoughts. I am trying to be logical that while it maybe easy for them to see what they would do or have done in my situation, it is not easy for me, at least not yet. Just a gentle reminder to those of you who have it all figured out, there are many of us who haven't yet and are trying desperately to do so. We came to SR to get healthy, to gain understanding of what alcoholism does, to vent our frustrations, and to move from a place of weakness into one of strength. I came here to find recovery for me and the more I dig and learn the more I see how far I have to go.