Thread: He is improving
View Single Post
Old 06-10-2011, 12:24 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  
Saberhead

Originally Posted by LaPinturaBella View Post
Hugs Puttingmeon!!!

How long has he been sober and working his recovery? I'm glad he is working it and making progress. Now, for the meat of your post...

Please do not beat yourself up. The dynamic in your relationship has changed...again. It's understandable that you are feeling out of sorts. The old dynamic, as stressful as it was, was "normal." I mean that it became the norm and it became what you knew. Things have changed again. He is working to recover. It's new, and therefore stressful as well. Different, better, but stressful nonetheless.

Also, of course it's hard t trust him now. Even if he's 1000000% trying and a different person, you have learned that when you trusted him, you got hurt. It will take time. It's still baby steps, for both of you. Try to see him as he is today, and definitely continue working your program. The stronger you get within yourself, the better you'll feel about yourself. The more you trust yourself, the more you'll be able to trust others. Again, this will take time. And the letting go will fall into place.

I hope this helps. And I wish you and hubby all the best. It's a good start, but still difficult.

This is so perfect for me. I never thought about it this way.
It's so obvious now that Im reading this, the dynamic has changed and yes, its weird because what was "normal" is now normal, but its a different normal....if that makes sense.

I too am still so angry at my bf for what Ive gone through this year. His alcoholism has built up inside me so much. I feel internally turbulent and stormy. I almost cant keep myself from crying every couple hours. All I can do is try and analyze those feelings and then if I feel the need to tell him. I dont really want to rub it in though, hes trying to stay sober and hes on his first week. His guilt for other things is what drives him to drive so Im being careful.

So my advice is the same to the OP. I know what youre going through. Im so angry too, and so sad at the same time. Everything is weird now and different. We havent had sex in over a week even though Im dieing for some affection and love from him right now hes just not in mindset to give it to me. I would do anything to have him just hold me and tell me its going to be ok, but I will just have to do this myself.

Try an analyze what youre feeling and realize it takes time.Im going through the same thing. I know its tough <3