View Single Post
Old 06-10-2011, 09:00 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
photuris

How/Should I approach this?

So my husband is a recovering alcoholic. Its been about 6-8 weeks since he had a drink (as far as I know).

This past weekend he had to go to training in Vegas. We briefly talked about how he feels about it and about the temptations and all. He said he'll be fine, reassured me, etc.
After he got back he didn't mention anything about drinking, I honestly can't recall exactly what we talked about. But he did tell me lots of things about his trip.

This morning I was taking care of his travel laundry, and there was a receipt for a "Bacardi" from his hotel.

I've worked hard with my therapist on detaching and getting away from my co-dependence, but its funny how when something actually happens I suddenly can't see/think straight.

My biggest issue is trust. While I do care whether he drinks or not, more than anything I want him to be honest. I wouldn't be angry with him if I had known that he had a drink. What bothers me is that he didn't tell me about it. I don't know if I asked him point blank whether he drank or not. So I can't say that he actually lied to me, but there was definitely lying by omission.

So do I say anything tonight? My knee jerk reaction is to call him and confront him over the phone. But I know better than that. I just don't know if I want to bring it up at all. I don't see my therapist for another 10 days.

He saw his therapist a few days back (after the trip) I wonder if he said anything to him.