View Single Post
Old 06-10-2011, 08:52 AM
  # 34 (permalink)  
Tuffgirl

Funny story about "God's Will" that happened yesterday to my RAH. Thought I'd share because as I have struggled with this concept, apparently, so has he!

We finally got around to moving my washer over to my new house. We've both been procrastinating for a variety of reasons but the old washer that came with the house was dying a horribly loud death so it was time. RAH bought a small utility trailer last month and finally got it registered and tagged, so he felt "legal" to use it for the first time. Somewhere during the afternoon, the freshly obtained license plate vanished. We noticed it at the end of the task while leaving the old washer at the dump. He was livid for about 5 minutes; stomping and swearing like old days. I walked around a bit to see if it fell off in the area, but no luck. Plus, when he throws tantrums, I have to walk away or I get irritated!

We drove the way we came, just in case we may have lost it on the road. Once we reached my house with no luck finding it laying on the street, he said "I wasn't meant to have that license plate. It wasn't God's Will". I asked him why he thought that and he said "Simple. It was very hard to get (took a long time and a lot of paperwork and two trips to the DMV) and it didn't last very long. Wasn't meant to be". He was very calm and matter-of-fact about it...and we had a good laugh at that point. I mean, maybe he was right. It wasn't meant to be...for some reason neither of us know about.

The chances it would "fall off" while driving were one in a million. We hadn't been gone too long or in an area for it to get stolen. It was there when he arrived at my house...he even showed it to me. So in the span of about an hour and a half, this plate simply vanished off the back end of the trailer. AFter all the hard work it took for him to get the plate...to own it for a few days and then its gone...maybe it was God's will!

Now - the interesting part of this story will be what happens next...if there is a reason for everything...what happens next in this little story. Will he meet someone while at line at the DMV who ends up changing his life? Will he randomly get a plate with his initials on it? Who knows? But the moral of the story ultimately was not the lost plate...but the opportunity to watch someone put his emotions into a new perspective almost immediately after he felt them, and we were able to proceed on with our tasks in peace. Maybe that was God's will...for a lesson to be learned...no matter how small and insignificant...that change is possible even in the most resistant of people. I am proud of the way he handled himself. That was a first.

God's will...it's beginning to sink in...I think I am getting it now....Happy Friday, all!