View Single Post
Old 06-09-2011, 04:47 PM
  # 49 (permalink)  
wanttobehealthy

Originally Posted by Tuffgirl View Post
Just curious - how did your T respond to that? I said something similar to my T last month - he told me not to come back to counseling if I was not ready to work on moving forward and that kind of spot would keep me stuck, rendering counseling a waste of time and money. At this point, I can agree with that! Three weeks ago it pissed me off!
I guess whether it appears on here or not, my T has (as have I) seen me make huge changes with what I am accepting, what steps I am taking etc... So, while I love him for being a hard a$$ and not coddling me, I had a rough T appt this week where I just bawled and he wasn't comforting in the sense of saying "yeah, he should be dead" but he also was like "I understand why you're at that point" and then we talked about the steps I'm taking to be as separate as possible emotionally and physically from AH. He doesn't coddle at all and has at times said things much like yours and I've been pissed in the moment but go back the next week grateful for the metaphorical kick in the butt. There's a lot going on that I'm not going into on here that I do share with him and I guess he felt that my feeling overwhelmed right about now is pretty darned warrented...